Internally and lovingly referred to as the “inspector,” our Regulatory group is on your side. Acting as a bridge between R&D and you, these detail-oriented industry veterans work tirelessly to ensure that our flavors meet your labeling requirements. Staying at the forefront of the ever-changing regulatory environment in flavors is our top priority. With locations around the world, specific locations follow specific guidelines. To see regulatory efforts for each country or region, please click below.
- Active in FEMA including Board participation
- Personalized support for documentation and labeling on a global scale.
- Assistance with support claim review discussions and sharing of knowledgeable insight for current regulatory issues.
- Fully compliant with Global Harmonization System standards utilizing Product Vision Software.
- LABELING CONSULTATIONS. We happily consult with you to provide guidance on how a flavor can be labeled on your finished product. With the enormous increase in labeling claims for food and beverage, we are here to make it easy for you to get your documentation quickly and your product safely to market.
- ANTICIPATORY. Our regulatory group is at the forefront of industry changes and strives to understand each customer’s unique requirements. We pride ourselves on knowing what you’ll need before you have to ask.
Europe Regulatory Affairs
The Regulatory Affairs department at Bell ensures that all products and raw materials fulfil the applicable judicial regulations, recommendations of industrial associations and specific customer needs. Close cooperation with different industry and government associations insure a timely implementation of all requirements set by European and National authorities.
These requirements include:
- the examination of flavours and flavour extracts according to European regulations on foodstuffs and IOFI specifications (International Organisation of the Flavour Industry)
- the examination of flavours and ingredient specialities for Kosher and HALAL suitability
REACH – stands for the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation of Chemicals. This new EU regulation centralises and simplifies chemicals legislation throughout Europe and entered into force on 1st of June 2007. The declared aim is to improve the level of knowledge about the dangers and risks that chemicals may pose. Companies are expected to assume even more responsibility for the safe handling of their products. The Federal Authorities here offer a wide range of information about REACH so that small and medium-sized companies can also quickly become familiar with the new rules.