Bell Flavors & Fragrances Releases 2015 Spark™ Trends
(Northbrook, IL, January 31, 2015) — Bell Flavors & Fragrances is excited to announce our selections for our 2015 ‘Spark’ trends for flavors and fragrances. Spark is your resource for consumer, flavor and fragrance trends and inspirations. Using our unique process, we uncovered new “sparks” for 2015 that we hope to provide our customers with inspiration and translate into winning concepts for their consumers.
– The Well-Traveled Kitchen: we found that consumers’ pantries mirror their travels and taste ambitions. Look for flavors from the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
– From Scratch: consumers are drawn to traditional techniques and appreciate artisanal products. Think craft beer, fermentation and smoke flavors.
– Be Fit: health and wellness are the cornerstone of Millennial and Boomers food choices. Herbal teas and fresh herbs are making an impression.
In addition, to the above flavor trends Bell’s Spark trends looked into color (Black) and the future for flavors, technology, packaging and ingredients to give predictions in what we call the Crystal Bell.
– Metals: the unexpected fragrance note. This one will surprise you.
– Urban Adventurer: captures the essence of India’s culture and scents. Think spicy and aromatic notes.
– Signature Scent: inspired by the popularity of personalization, this trend explores the ideas of layering and one note fragrance influences.
– Culinary Crossover: inspired by simple yet purposeful ingredients such as sea salt, peppercorns and honey.